I’ve been writing RPG material for myself for decades. I’ve been paid to do it off and on since 2009. Well, that was the first time I did it. It was a Living Forgotten Realms adventure for Wizards of the Coast, called the Fardrop Incident. It seemed to be well received. My experience with it was less than stellar. I had no real guide through the process and never did more work for them.
Fast forward to 2017. Was talking to a friend who is a line editor, one thing led to another. I soon had a contract in hand. Then another, and another. So far I’ve written for:
- Chaosium – Runequest, Call of Cthulhu
- Ulisses – Wrath & Glory (now with Cubicle 7)
- Clockwork – Dark Conspiracy (see our successful crowdfunding site)
- Modiphius – Star Trek Adventures
- Catalyst Game Labs – Shadowrun Missions
I also have been working on my own game for a while now, a gothic horror RPG set in 1352 England.